Sunday, November 18, 2012

bible verses

are the words of God for us, to guide us through our daily life, hard times and also good times.

As a born Christian, I have been thought since my Sunday school years to memorize important scriptures such as

John 3 : 16 "For God so loved the world, He gave His one and only son, and whoever who believes in Him shall have eternal life"


Of course there are many more that came along the way and most of the time important bible verses as such will come upon familiar during sermons. I have always been trying to learn God's word by heart but this is certainly not an easy feat, considering the fact that there are 27 books in the New Testament; 39 books in the Old Testament. There are a total number of 22,485 verses in the Old Testament; while there are 7,957 verses in the New Testament. 

Some people will say, where there is a will, there is a way. This is certainly true.

Few months back I found a few bible verses that belongs to me. I do not think that this happened by coincidence, but just so happen these couple of meaningful verses coincide with my date of birth(1304). Hence, these are indeed my bible verses.


Philippians 4 : 13 "I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength"

1 Corinthians 13 : 4 " Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."


These verses will come by useful during difficult and good times. When I need God to empower me or when I can give my praises to God for all the good things He had done.

I am sure that everyone has their own scriptures that are meant for them. So, what is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment