Saturday, February 23, 2013

Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise


The extensive measures humans have done, are doing and will do to cave into social convention or in other words, the norm, simply baffles me.


In sociology a social rule refers to any social convention commonly adhered to in a society. These rules are not written in law or otherwise formalized. It is argued that these rules are socially constructed, that these rules act upon every member of a society, but at the same time, are re-produced by the individuals.

In order to gain societal acceptance, mankind are succumbed to uncalled-for social issues, such as peer pressure, racism, discrimination, physical abuse, emotional negligence,moral declination, prostitution, poverty and many more. 

Even right now as we are living in the twenty-first century, we are nowhere close to addressing all these issue yet somehow, one way or another, we manage magnify them. 

Oh well, this adds on to another incredulous never-ending cycle. 

Like what I said, it baffles me, and I am certainly still struggling with this. How I wish, how I wish sometimes that I am Sheldon Cooper. I will have more reasons to be inconceivable at implausible times.
 "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise"



Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips.
Proverbs 14:7

No comments:

Post a Comment